Friday 22 October 2010

la bien querida

When I suggested my friends to listen to Mishima I felt awkward, embarrassed even, just as if I were showing myself naked in front of them. as if I were showing my most intimate self (unknown to me, to be honest). Suddenly, the words became so personal, the melodies so small and delicate that it felt as if they were only talking about me and to me, the only one who could appretiate them.
After some time, I figured out that it was not exactly the case: the private and intimate pleasure that Mishima provokes is transferable, you only need to choose the adequate person to whom you want to share it. Otherwise you'll be faced with odd looks and mocking smiles: love is never in vogue.
This week, history repeated itself when I played La Bien Querida to my friends. The same feeling that, when listened out loud, publicly, we struggle to get involved in the words as much. The same feeling that what we are listening to has touched us so deeply that words can not comunicate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment